Monday, April 20, 2009

Meet our 2009 boys basketball dream team

The Freep has posted Michigan's 2009 Dream Team, which consists solely of juniors. Keith Appling leads the charge. Go State!

G Keith Appling

Detroit Pershing (Class A) 6-2, junior

Accomplishments: Averaged 23.8 points, six rebound and five assists. Led team to state title, scoring a state-record 49 points against Kalamazoo Central. Committed to Michigan State.

Coach A.W. Canada: "Early in the season he got hurt and then he came back, but he didn't come back like we wanted him to. We got on him about working harder and spending more time on his game. He is one of the best defenders in the state."

Appling: "The biggest game for me this season was the second round of the districts against Henry Ford (a 92-89 win). If I don't hit that shot, we probably lose the game. In the championship game, my teammates kept getting me the ball and told me to stay aggressive."


I think Appling would've won the state's Mr. Basketball if juniors were eligible. Derrick Nix, another MSU signee, won anyways, so I'll let this one slide.

No comments:

Post a Comment