Friday, February 13, 2009

Bama Fans Waste My Time

Looks like our good friends over at TideFans.com are discussing the merits of hiring Tom Izzo to be there next head coach.  Sometimes I daydream too, but it doesn't mean that I shouldn't make fun of these guys for considering for even a millisecond that Izzo would leave one of the "top four basketball schools" (thanks Pat Forde!) for the sinking ship that is Alabama basketball.  Well, if you're bored, maybe you should check this out....

Highlights include: 

I definitely agree he has a few good years left. But, the past five years makes me wonder if [Izzo] has any "great" years left. Of course, let's be honest - at Alabama, most people would settle for ONE great year.
and
Tom Izzo is an outrageous concept -- but that's partly because our expectations have been kept so low that it feels borderline delusional to think a coach of his level might look our way. 

I would probably keep those expectations low for the time being....

No comments:

Post a Comment