Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Delvon Roe Is Better Than Lou Roe

It looks like Roe's knee might finally be feeling better.  He might finally be coming into the form that we Spartan fans have been waiting to see.  Microfracture knee surgery is no joke, so it’s good to see the big fella coming around.  If he can carry that intensity over 40 minutes, he is going to be a beast.  Here's what MLive had to say,

"Delvon Roe came to Michigan State with the credentials to be a freshman phenom.

When a knee injury in high school and another during the offseason stunted his progress, Roe could have become one frustrated freshman.

To his misfortune, he didn't become the first.

To his credit, he didn't become the latter.

On Tuesday night at Crisler Arena, he finally was vindicated.

Roe scored 11 of his career-high 14 points in the first half to keep Michigan at bay. He also added 10 rebounds to help ninth-ranked MSU come away with a critical 54-42 victory.

"In the first half, the difference was Delvon Roe," Spartans coach Tom Izzo said. "This is getting exciting for me because that kid worked so hard and has been through so much in the last year-and-a-half.

"He never complains and just keeps working. I'm proud of him and happy for him. I said it would probably be the beginning of February before we started seeing the real Delvon. I don't think we've seen it yet, but we're starting to see stages of it.

"He had 10 rebounds and a couple big ones late."

Roe, who played a career-high 29 minutes, credited his work on the offensive boards for getting him going.

"I think I showed what I can do for 40 minutes, or however minutes I'm out there playing, and that I can be an impact-type player," Roe said. "But I've got a lot of work to do.

"It's always about the offensive rebounds, crashing the boards and running the lanes.""

No comments:

Post a Comment